16 March 2012

Communicating

♠ A T 6
♥ T 5 2
♦ A K J 9
♣ 7 6 4
♦ Q   
♠ J 8
♥ 9
♦ 7 6 5 4 3 2
♣ K J T 9


North opened a weak no trump and South asked for a major. When North failed to deliver South bid 2♥ and played there.

My parter led the ♦Q.

Dummy hits and although the Queen would normally ask for reverse attitude it's pretty clear what I think of them. But I can give suit preference and since I like clubs more than spades I'll play small. Haha, like I have a choice holding six to the seven; I play the deuce.

Declarer starts with a heart to my nine, the Jack and partner takes the Queen. Some thought later a small club appears, I put up the ♣K and it holds the trick. Looks like partner was watching and has under led the Ace. I wonder if he would like two ruffs.

If partner started with ♣AQxx I can get in again with another club. I play the ♦3, declarer follows and partner trumps. More agonising from partner then a club to my Jack holds.

Declarer ruffs my next diamond with the ♥8. Bother, looks like it would have been better had partner held the nine.

♠ A T 6
♥ T 5 2
♦ A K J 9
♣ 7 6 4
♠ Q 5 4 2
♥ A Q 7 4
♦ Q
♣ A Q 8 3
♠ J 8
♥ 9
♦ 7 6 5 4 3 2
♣ K J T 9
♠ K 9 7 3
♥ K J 8 6 3
♦ T 8
♣ 5 2


Still, declarer ruffing that diamond means it's no good for a second spade pitch. In the end declarer must lose a spade, three hearts and two clubs failing by one trick.

Communicating

No comments:

Post a Comment