16 March 2012

Communicating

A T 6
T 5 2
A K J 9
7 6 4
Q   
J 8
9
7 6 5 4 3 2
K J T 9


North opened a weak no trump and South asked for a major. When North failed to deliver South bid 2 and played there.

My parter led the Q.

Dummy hits and although the Queen would normally ask for reverse attitude it's pretty clear what I think of them. But I can give suit preference and since I like clubs more than spades I'll play small. Haha, like I have a choice holding six to the seven; I play the deuce.

Declarer starts with a heart to my nine, the Jack and partner takes the Queen. Some thought later a small club appears, I put up the K and it holds the trick. Looks like partner was watching and has under led the Ace. I wonder if he would like two ruffs.

If partner started with AQxx I can get in again with another club. I play the 3, declarer follows and partner trumps. More agonising from partner then a club to my Jack holds.

Declarer ruffs my next diamond with the 8. Bother, looks like it would have been better had partner held the nine.

A T 6
T 5 2
A K J 9
7 6 4
Q 5 4 2
A Q 7 4
Q
A Q 8 3
J 8
9
7 6 5 4 3 2
K J T 9
K 9 7 3
K J 8 6 3
T 8
5 2


Still, declarer ruffing that diamond means it's no good for a second spade pitch. In the end declarer must lose a spade, three hearts and two clubs failing by one trick.

Communicating

No comments:

Post a Comment