03 September 2012

A new score

As unusual auctions go the one I'm about to show you is remarkable because it contains only two bids. Two bids and a double.

This was my hand:
♠ A Q 4
♥ 6 5 3 2
♦ Q J 7 6 5
♣ 6

All vul, playing pairs my partner dealt and opened a club - that's one bid. Since we play a transfer system and we show majors before minors I bid 1♦ - see what's coming?

Left hand opponent holding a lot of points completed the first half of a double and bid; and was left hanging.

SouthWestNorthEast
- - 1♣ Pass
1♦* Dbl Pass Pass
Pass


♠ T 8 5
♥ J 8
♦ A K T
♣ A T 8 7 4
♠ K 9 6 3
♥ A K Q 9 7 4
♦ -
♣ K Q 3
♠ J 7 2
♥ T
♦ 9 8 4 3 2
♣ J 9 5 2
♠ A Q 4
♥ 6 5 3 2
♦ Q J 7 6 5
♣ 6

I'd never scored +340 before, have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment