13 July 2011

Speculating Seven

Playing club pairs I picked up this:
-
K 8 7 5
A Q T 8 7 5 2
6 5
So much potential. If only partner has a fit for one of my suits this is huge. Sitting third in hand I'll get a chance to see what partner does before I have to act.

2NT she opens. Two no trumps. Heavens to Betsy!

The next hand starts to think. I guess I'm not the only one with a distributional monster. 3 appears on my right. Bet I know what I'm getting for a lead. If the defense hold the spade honors and I get a spade lead...

7!

In tempo. Like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Feels a little like one of those famed five or seven hands that get written up. I'll admit I'm very nervous waiting for dummy. Bad luck.

A K T 5
A Q J
K 4
K 4 3 2
6 4
9 6 3
9 3
A Q J T 8 7
Q J 9 8 7 3 2
T 4 2
J 6
8
-
K 8 7 5
A Q T 8 7 5 2
6 5

Sadly, not the hand I was hoping it might be.

Don't ask me why but West led a spade. So the cows went on mooing, the chickens nibbled at their corn and the world was at peace and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment